You can add assignments to a Moodle course so that students can submit their work electronically. The demonstration below shows you how to add a simple, single-file assignment. The instructions are also written out below the video.
Note that assignments are automatically added to your gradebook. In addition, assignments with due dates are automatically added to your course's calendar.
- From the main screen for your course Turn editing on
- Go to the unit (a week or a topic) where you would like to add the assignment
- From the "Add an activity..." menu choose Assignments > Upload a single file
- Enter an assignment name
- Enter some instructions as an assignment description. Note that this is a required field.
- Choose a grade scale
- If you wish, you can set an opening and closing date for submissions. These dates do not hide the assignment; they merely prevent submission outside of the permitted window.
- Adjust the item visibility if desired, but note that hidden items do not become visible automatically.
- Adjust other settings if you wish, but this is not necessary.
- Save and display or Save and return to course